DAAAM International Vienna / DAAAM Scriptorium GmbH (Bahnallee 10, A-2120 Wolkersdorf, Austria, EU, firstname.lastname@example.org – “DAAAM”) is devoted to properly protect your personal data. Therefore, we strictly adhere to legal requirements when collecting and processing personal data. This specifically includes the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as the telecommunications law.
This privacy statement informs you how DAAAM collects and uses your personal data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is comprised of information on individuals (natural persons), whose identity is determined or can be determined. Examples include e.g. your name, mailing address or e-mail address.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
DAAAM collects minimal personal data needed for DAAAM activities from members. All the required data is important. This data is used on the authors behalf and is used for the following purposes:
- Newsletter and distribution of important information regarding call for papers, conference dates and location, publication deadlines, indexing status and other important information
- Direct communication with corresponding authors during the review process (Corresponding authors are responsible for all communication with DAAAM)
- Distribution of information materials and publications
- Organization and handling of invitation for special events, discounts, photography production during events, administration of attendance lists and other protocols
- Organization and handling of awards, anniversaries, birthdays, committees, certificates, prizes, chairs, congratulations and all other documents handed on the behalf of DAAAM members.
- Administration of contacts at institutions of higher learning and research institutes and with other cooperation partners
This data will not be shared with anyone else.
Processed Data Categories
We process the following personal data:
- Master data (name, surname)
- Contact data (gender, salutation title, Email address)
- Educational data (academic title and non-required present position and professional title)
- Institution data (name, address)
- Demographics (place and country of birth, age, nationality, citizenship)
- Interests (field of interest, expertise, hobbies)
- DAAAM Archive data (publications, prize awards, committees, partners, sponsors)
Legal Basis of Data Processing
We process data based on:
- Fulfilling legal requirements applying to us, specifically Article 6, 1 (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Pursuing our legitimate interests as prescribed in Article 6, 1 (f) of the GDPR, consisting of efficiently administrating member statuses, prizes, certificates, invitations, as well as successfully organizing conferences, doctoral school programs, internal and external communications, including public relations.
- Contractual performance between DAAAM and its members (Article 6, 1 (b) GDPR)
- Your consent to the processing of your data (Article 6, 1 (a) or Article 9, 2 (a) GDPR)
Communication of Personal Data
- For the purposes listed above, we will transmit your personal data to the following recipients:
- Institutions of higher learning and research institutes (in case proof of identity, age, credentials or similar are needed).
- Printing companies in fulfilment of their duties such as shipment of physical copies to authors (name, surname, address).
- Financial institutions processing payment transactions.
Your personal data will be stored by us only as long as necessary to reach the before mentioned objectives and in accordance with applicable law. In any case, we will save your personal data according to retention periods prescribed by law or in accordance with limitation periods of potential legal claims that have not yet expired.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Under current law, you are entitled, amongst other things, to (i) review if and what kind of your personal data we store and receive a copy of those data, (ii) to request an amendment, correction, or the deletion of your personal data should they be incorrect or if they have not been processed in accordance with applicable law (iii) to request to limit our processing of your personal data, (iv) under certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data or to withdraw your previously given consent to processing, (v) to know the identity of third parties to whom your data are being transmitted and (vii) to complain to the competent supervisory authority.
Should you require information, have a request for correction or wish to delete your personal data, you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. To prove your identity, please either send a digitally signed request or attach a scan of your photo ID to your request. Please also indicate when and in what function you were connected with us, so we can properly gauge the scope and content of your request.
We specifically point out that your right to deletion of data is limited by legal retention requirements.
Contact data of the Austrian supervisory authority:
Phone: +43 1 52 152-0
Based on your consent to receive our newsletter, we will use your voluntarily provided personal data (name, Email address) to send periodical newsletters, invitations to special events, reviewing process communication, seasonal greetings, publication status updates and other information connected to DAAAM activities via e-mail. You can cancel your newsletter subscription at any time by clicking the link for unsubscribing at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Data Do We Collect, Process and Use from Visitors and Users of our Website?
Usage of www.daaamsummer.eu is allowed and possible without the disclosure of any personal data. Any collection of personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail address) that might occur is strictly and always voluntary. This data will not be shared with third parties without your explicit consent, except in cases where we are legally required to do so. In addition, this data is only used for their stated purpose. Any consent given to that effect can be revoked at any time and without giving a reason.
Our hosting provider automatically collects information within server log files which is sent automatically by your browser.
This information includes: Browser type, operating system, referrer URL, host name of the computer making the request, time of request. This data is not assignable to an individual person. This data is not being merged with other data sources.